Thursday, April 24, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Today we had our 37 1/2 week appointment. Nothing much to report. He said he would check me today if I wanted, but I figured there's probably no point since you can be dilated and effaced the same for weeks. So next Tuesday when we go he will check me and we'll go from there. He said they would not stop me if I went into labor at this point, which makes things kind of exciting! The weight gain was MUCH better this time. I have figured out though it really doesn't matter what I eat or how much I exercise. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when you are pregnant, at least for me! I am feeling good for the most part - getting into and out of the car is hard, sleeping is hard, and standing and sitting is hard, but other than that I am great!! : )
I still have a good bit of energy and my appetite is good and all that. I am so thankful I have not had heartburn to deal with either. I have a feeling she is going to be a bald baby, like I was!! I hope and pray she is just as sweet and well-behaved once she is here as she has been to me in my belly!

In other news, Wes and I have both been nesting this week! I think I finally rubbed off on him! The county puts these dumpsters in our neighborhood a couple times a year for spring and winter cleaning, so Tuesday night we cleaned our hearts out. We both feel so much better about getting rid of so much junk. And we got the stroller, swing, and high chair assembled. Of course they just get put away for now, but at least we are prepared. Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you believe your little girl will be here SOON? crazy huh?! steven and i went out for a "last supper" and had fun... of course, we knew when the girls were coming, so it was easy to plan! good luck in the next few weeks! i will be checking back to see updates!!!! how exciting!!!- Ali

Autumn Lumpkin Photography said...

Only 13 days left! When is your last day at work?

The Ledfords said...

I am going to try to work up until I go, unless I am late and they schedule an induction. Then I may take the last couple days off. I am only taking 10 weeks though so I don't want to cut into that before she gets here! I have everything done that I can get done at this point, so there is no sense in staying home because it makes the time go by much slower!

Shanna Mac said...

I can't believe you're almost finished being pregnant!!! I'm hopelessly jealous! I hope you're feeling well and that these last days are wonderful for you. Sleep as much as possible!!!!!

Love ya!