It's Sunday, which means normally we'd be at church about now, but because our lives have been in serious overdrive lately, we decided to take a day off. Well, let's be honest, sometimes we take a lot of days off from church. But I'm happy we've found one at least! We really do like Vinings Lake here in Smyrna, so I'm thankful. Now if we could just meet some people...
Why have things been so crazy, you ask? Well maybe it's because we have TWO kids, I know, I know, it's really not that many, but I can tell you it's probably going to be enough for us! And then we both work outside of the house, and then there's Wes' travelling on top of it, and then there's just everyday life. Some days I'm really not sure how I get out of the house with all my clothes on, seriously. It's like my friend Kelly said recently, her brain feels like swiss cheese! Me too Kell, me too!! Take for example the fact that I booked my Gram a flight recently from Pensacola instead of Panama City Beach, and it never even crossed my mind until she called from Panama City airport and said they didn't even have AirTran there. Bless her heart - I felt terrible! So we proceeded to drive and meet halfway the next day instead. She hates to fly anyways....
So Henry is well into his sixth month, and what a sweet boy he is! He still isn't sleeping the greatest, which I was basically told by my pediatrician that it was because I was feeding him when he woke up (duh!) so if I wanted him to sleep through the night, which he totally can according to her, I would need to sort of let him cry. I'm working on getting myself ready to do that....we'll see when or if it actually happens. But anyways, he's sitting up now, and reaching forward to try to get on all fours, and if there's something in front of him he acts like he wants to pull up on it. But I think we have about another month before he actually crawls...And at his 6 month appointment he weighed in at 18 lbs even.
Let's start and end on a positive note with Abbie. She is doing great with Henry. Just great. She really doesn't seem to be jealous at all of him still - if she is she certainly doesn't take it out on him. But we've had a lot of behavior issues with her lately. Just whining and crying and sometimes even throwing an all out fit if she doesn't get her way. It's been rough, there's been some spanking (well actually lots) but I am going to be trying some new ways to discipline, because for me I feel like I get angrier when I spank her, which is not good...On a positive note, she is learning so much in school and it amazes me what she can do. She is so good at art - she loves to paint and color and draw - and she really can be sweet a lot of the time too. We just have to stick to it with her and continue to love her and give her forgiveness for being (and acting!) like a three year old!! That was one thing I read recently from Dr. James Dobson- that we must offer our kids lots of love and forgiveness. I loved that!
I must go, Henry is waking up from his morning nap, but I hope everyone out there has a very happy Thanksgiving!!
1 comment:
oh yes...the threes!!! it gets better. and then it will get worse. and then it will be perfect. and then it will be hell. people with older kids are telling me that this roller coaster never ends. awesomeness.
our best friend is the book 123 Magic. it saved us. it's magic and my first recommendation to any of my parents at school when they're having issues with behavior. seriously, MAGIC!!!!!!!
Post a Comment