Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I need to tell you this humorous story before I forget. I think I blogged last time about how the pediatrician told me the reason Henry was waking up (most likely, because we can't really know for sure) was not because he was hungry but because I was feeding him when he did wake up. So about a week or so ago, I got brave and decided to try not to feed him when he woke. Well, he woke up a little earlier than usual, around 11pm, so I really knew there was no way he could be hungry, but anyways, that's besides the point. I went up to his room, and resisting the urge to pick him up, patted him on the back a few times and said "It's ok, Henry, Mommy's here." Well he didn't stop crying. So I walked away for a minute or so and tried again. Still crying. About a minute later, I hear Wes coming up the stairs. He comes in and asks me what I'm doing (not in bad way). I explained to him that I was just trying to see if Henry would go back to sleep without me feeding him. Henry is still crying at this point, and getting more and more mad. Then Wes says maybe he should just pick him up and rock him a little bit. I knew that was the end of my experiment right there....Wes rocked him, he continued to cry, I went downstairs, came back up, and Wes said he couldn't handle it, that he wanted me to just feed him...so I did. And that is our version of "sleep training". The end.

No comments: