They are different - yet in some small ways, the same.
The first difference that comes to mind is size - Henry, just shy of 5 months now, is fully into 6 month clothes, and is already wearing 9 month sizes. I'm pretty sure that Abbie at this age was still wearing 0-3 months - and even now, when 3T is "her size" supposedly, she still has pants that just fall off of her. Point is I've always been able to get a lot of wear out of Abbie's clothes - but not so much with Henry!
Another difference - Comfort when upset. If Abbie were ever upset when she was a baby, nursing would always help - she would latch on and immediately calm down. Not so much with Henry, and he has been like this since he was just a few weeks old. If he's not hungry, he really is not interested in eating. If he's screaming his head off, like he was tonight, he's not going to latch on and be comforted. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing yet, just different.
Difference #3 - Sleeping. Abbie used to stay up until about 8 or 9 at Henry's age, and wake up once a night to eat. If she woke up before, we had to go in and rock her or give her the paci. Henry is done for the day by about 7, and sometimes if he wakes up in the middle of the night, if he's not hungry, he'll just put himself back to sleep. AND he does not really take a paci (#4). Sometimes he will just to go off to sleep for a nap, but he spits it out pretty quick and doesn't ever need it again. And at night, he doesn't take it at all. I think for now this is a good thing - I like that I am not constantly running around looking for paci's and going in there and giving it to him....
About the only similarity (that I can think of right this second)is that neither one want to sit still. Henry will not sit still for nothing, and I remember Abbie being very similar. He always wants to be rolling around or entertained somehow.
I love, love, love both these kids and love watching them change and grow and develop their own unique personalities! It's truly a miracle, the way God made us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment