Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time is flying!!

Happy 6 months, Abbie Grace!!!







Abbie is 6 months old today!! I know, I know, I say it every month it seems, but seriously, 6 months already?? She is such a wonderful baby girl and we love her more with each day that passes, even though it doesn't seem like we could! Here are some things she is up to these days:
- Sitting up all on her own, and very stable
- Goes from sitting up to the crawling position, on all fours
- Rocks on all fours
- Talking non-stop, baba, dada, lots of different sounds
- Eating fruit and oatmeal in the morning and veggies and oatmeal at night. She has pretty much loved everything I have given her except green beans. She likes bananas, apples, pears, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots....And I am still breastfeeding the rest of the time.
- Favorite toys are the stackable rings, the exersaucer, and her door jumper.
- Some nights she is sleeping through til about 6am, but most nights she goes til about 4 to wake up and eat.
- She loves people and being out in public. At malls, restaurants, parks, she is SO curious and just wants to be in the center of it all.
- She is staying with a lady named Pam during day while Wes and I work. She loves playing with the two other 2-year old boys she keeps.
- She is taking a short nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon.




AND, some of you have been asking to see house pics, so here are a few!





We still have a lot of decorating to do, but we are really loving this house. It has a large living space and we can have people over without feeling cramped. And we really like the location - we are both close to work and the interstate is just a few miles away.
Well, I must go. Time is precious these days with a little one, and I am sure she'll be crawling soon which will be a whole new challenge! Until next time!


3 comments:

Crystal Johnson said...

I am so amazed that Abbie is already sitting up. O was 8 months before he did.

I love, love the new house. Please come decorate mine!!!!

Opie Clan said...

O' little Abbie- She is just tooo big! I love your house! Gentry says hi too! She's buggin me to look at more pics of Abbie...so back to the blog!
Love and miss you guys

Susan Nelson said...

She is such a cutie patootie Shannon! Glad to hear you are all settled in-I tagged you (if you have time...chk my blog:)-great house pix-great new blog border too!! B