Abbie went to the doctor yesterday for her two month check up. I know you mothers know what that means - shots!! She got three in her legs, and one orally. She didn't cry that much, but definitely more than I have ever seen her. The worst part was when we got home though. She was so upset all afternoon and just slept and cried. Thankfully she slept well last night - I wasn't planning on much sleep but she did well.
The good news is that she is growing right on target. She weighs 10 lbs. 8 0z and is 23" long. So that puts her in the 50% range for her weight and 75% for her height.
In other news, my Dad and step-mom are here until Monday. They are our last round of visitors for the summer and Abbie is enjoying getting to know them! I go back to work in two weeks. Boo hoo. Literally, boohoo. All I can do is cry when I think about it. Will she know who I am? I am only going to get to feed her two or three times a day, and the hours I am with her will be SO short, it seems. I so wish there was a way I could do part time, but I just don't think right now it's going to work. But I have a great lady from church to take care of her, which I am so grateful for! If I didn't have Debbie, I would probably sell drugs to stay home with her - KIDDING! But seriously, I think going back will be one of the greatest challenges of my life. It does give me hope though when I see Abbie react to Wes when he gets home. She knows him, she loves him, so I think ok, if he is working and she knows who he is, then surely she won't forget me! Anyways, sorry to get off on that tangent. I am not looking for pity - just a sounding board!! I will post some pictures of Abbie with her grandparents later this week!
2 comments:
You guys made it through the first shots! I didn't know when it was, but I was praying for you guys yesterday and today and thinking about it, so I guess the prompting was right on target:) I'm glad you both survived! I had the EXACT same feelings with my first on going back to work, I cried every time I thought of leaving her. That's a tough transition, we will pray that your heart is comforted:) LOVED the pix of camping BTW!
Oh, I know its hard. You are so strong to go back to work though. And to have someone you really really trust with her is amazing. God totally brought our sitter to us and I am SO grateful!!!
Shots suck. They only got worse with Rylie but really she jsut slept though most until she was about 9 months. Then it was like she knew what was going on!
Post a Comment