
So I tried posting a video for you guys last Friday before we left for our camping trip, but it did not upload, so I am not ready to try that again just yet...
Abbie will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe my time at home has come to an end. So much is happening in our lives right now (more to come on that in a later post) but things are good. Abbie is becoming a much more laid back baby than just a few weeks ago. She still has her moments, but mostly it's just when she's tired or hungry, and hey, don't we all get cranky when we are either of those things? She cries the very most though when she is in her car in her car seat - she hates it people. She cries so hard I think she might choke, but what can you do when you are driving down the road? I try to sit back there with her when Wes is driving, but it still doesn't help. Paci doesn't help, talking, singing, nada. Now when she is at a store in it she is usually ok, but in the car she cries and cries until she falls asleep. Today I bought her a mirror with some toys on it in hopes she might like it. We'll see. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions for making her happy in the car?? On a happier note, she is sleeping SO much better - thank GOD - and she absolutely loves our camping trips!! I took her hiking while her Daddy went fishing on Saturday, and she fell asleep in the carrier. (See above pic) So sweet. The JEEP carrier we got is still a little big for her, but a friend of mine lent me the Baby Bjorn and it's perfect for her right now, so we got a LOT of use out of it this weekend.
Here is our sweet little girl - could she be any cuter???




5 comments:
adorable as always! still waiting to see your little girl in person, come home!!- Ali
Love the hat!!!
She is so sweet. Hope work goes well are you going to be able to phase back in or do you have to go back full time?
She's as cute as can be! I have found that the following things work when Isaac is freaking out in his car seat...
1. Play white noise (rain, ocean waves, sounds of the womb) I have a few downloaded on my iPod that I play for Isaac.
2. Time car rides during nap time. Abbie will be more likely to fall asleep than get upset.
Hope that helps!
I am sorry that you have to go back to work already...the time flys by so quickly. It is hard to believe that she's 10 weeks old already! I wish you an easy transition back to work. You will be in my thoughts today.
What sweet pictures!! You are so brave for taking her camping. I would be so out of my element!
I can't help you with the car seat thing. I actually put mine in there and drive around to get them to sleep when I'm desperate. Once they got to about 5 mo. they started crying b/c they were facing the back and coudlnt'see. I turned Ava around before age one and I'm getting ready to turn Jack around (don't turn me in) but they are both the size of small kindergardners! Any fussing that was going on with Ava stopped immediately when she could face the front. Would you like staring at the backseat like that all the time? I think I'd cry too.
Post a Comment