Abbie and I went to the mall today so I could find some jeans. You know, jeans that are non-maternity, and fit my post-pregnancy size, which is a couple sizes up from my pre-pregnancy size! Anyways, I ended up at Buckle because they have a fabulous selection of denim, but my real reason for telling you about our trip to the mall was that I re-discovered a store I had not been in for a while. At Bunco the other night one of my friends was talking about New York and Co. so I thought I might go in there today. As Misty would say, they have it going on!! I swear I could have bought the entire store. They have great summer clothes, from short shorts to bermudas, capris to track suits, not to mention the selection of work clothes! And they have pants in long!! I ended up getting only a top today, after all I have bills (namely hospital bills!) to pay, and of course my main reason for the trip was to get jeans, which I accomplished, but I just had to give kudos to NY and Co, and for those of you who haven't been in there lately, GO! I always have a hard time finding clothes, especially at the mall, that fit my style. It seems they are either too old or too young. The GAP is my main staple and always will be, but I will definitely be venturing into NY and Co much more!!
In Abbie news, she is doing great. She has kept me up a few nights lately, just for a couple hours at a time, with a belly ache. I am going to cut milk and chocolate out of my diet and see what happens. Those two foods are what I am eating the most of, so hopefully it will be an easy fix. Fingers crossed! But most of the time, if her belly doesn't hurt, she goes 3 hours at night, and usually the first interval 4 hours. I am HOPING sleeping through the night isn't too far off!! We went to see Wes at work today so he could show her off to everyone, and got to have lunch with him too. Everyone said she was so beautiful, which we already knew!! It is rainy and cold here today (which is why I needed jeans) and doesn't even feel like June! But it was great to get out for several hours with her. Everyone keeps saying how alert she is, so I wanted to show you pictures of her sleeping so you can see she DOES sleep, a lot actually, I just like taking pictures of her awake!!


See her crooked little smile here???!!!
6 comments:
my mom said chocolate was really bad for me when I was a baby. I never had thought of it before..... I tried not to eat it when I nursed Rylie because of that.
I found a great picture from the suite days!!!1
She looks so long! What great shots of her. It sounds like you had a wonderful adventure at the mall today. If you get a chance, go and see a movie in the middle of the day. There is no one there so you have the theater to yourself and can breastfeed if you need to. Isaac and I went to see Forgetting Sara Marshall the other day. It was great!
I love Abbie's fun stripe pants! Way too cute!!! I bet you are having fun dressing her :)
Hopefully she'll get over the gassy phase soon. I don't eat meat, but craved beans. I couldn't eat baked beans or pintos, but Owen was ok with black beans. It's crazy how what you eat can upset their little tummy's, and every baby is different, so it's trail and error.
Please tell me you got the gift I sent three weeks ago... I am beginning to wonder if I have your address written down wrong.
Crystal - I did get your gift! Sorry I didn't mention it before now, but I haven't done the official thank you note either! But I loved the clothes, and you didn't have to send the cash, but thank you!
Elisa, that is a great idea about going to a movie. I will have to try that.
Yes, the food thing is all trial and error. Last night was much better but the evening was pretty bad. I haven't had any chocolate or dairy since Tuesday so we'll see if that helps. At least we got some sleep though!
If you get a chance check out any of the books by Dr. William Sears. He has one called Nighttime Parenting and another about Fussy Babies. Both have great tips for gettig baby to sleep and reduce the fussy times. I have found them to be soooo helpful. He also has a website www.askdrsears.com. Hope you find something that helps with Abbie.
I have Dr. Sears baby book and also have his pregnancy book. I have been reading a little in the baby book about fussiness and colicky babies. She is doing much better tonight (actually sleeping in her swing right now) and has had many poopy diapers today. I have not had any milk today or yesterday. Did have a little piece of ice cream cake earlier though. Hopefully it won't hurt her!
Post a Comment