As of Monday, I have exactly four months to my due date, so I started thinking of all the things we need to accomplish, and since I am feeling great now I thought I better get some stuff done! So first of all, I picked out the bedding and theme for our little girls nursery, and registered for it at Pottery Barn Kids. It's called Pink Daisy Garden. I LOVE it! With this set, we will definitely go with the white crib and changing table, which I am hoping to find at a great sale somewhere. So next on the list is to register at BabysRUs. My goal is to do that before the end of January. Here is the link to the bedding....isn't it adorable??!!
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurdai/index.cfm
And for all you Moms, I would love advice on what to register for, what brands you like, etc, so please don't hesitate to share with me!
20 comments:
hmmmm, what to register for. I will think of some essentials! glass bottles, even if you breast feed it will be good to pump and store and let Wes help out....
I will be back with more....promise!
I love the pattern, good job picking it out! I am only good at buying the stuff, so I am not much help on what to register for. I will ask Kristy for any suggestions! Love you!
I love the bedding!
Do you have the book Baby Bargins? It's not so much a bargin book, but a book of product reviews and suggestions. I used this for selecting everthing from my stroller to baby bottles. It also lists things they think are a waste of money.
I love the bedding! So much fun for a little sweet girl! Well, I have lots of things for you not to buy! But I will help you with that when we go shopping! As for a must....Carter's Jammies are the best! They last the longest! We have a Carter's store in Jordan Landing and if you go during a holiday weekend, everything is $5!
You look awesome! Love ya!
LOVE the bedding!! And Pottery Barn makes a fabulous sleigh crib (all of them are awesome, actually), which can be bought cheap-ish at one of their outlet stores. Our moms got one for Gracen from there and we love it. I feel like it will last forever.
As far as what you need, you really need MUCH less than what you'll register for and receive. Lots of onsies, blankets, and sleepers though. Also, I'm in agreement with the glass bottles or with the Born Free brand. I've been reading up on all the BPAs in plastics used for bottles and the research is a little scary. Better to be safe! And BabiesRUs is selling the born free brand if you're more comfortable with a "plastic" type rather than glass. Also, Jessica has a link to The Soft Landing on her blog that is all about feeding baby safely. They have awesome pacifiers there too!! Gracen is addicted.
You look beautiful!!! I've got belly shots up on my Picasa pics link. There's a folder--I think its the first or second listed.
The book "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" on the must have list!
I love the pattern! It's beautiful and very feminine! This little girl is going to be spoiled rotten, just as she should!
Does anyone have a stroller that you can run or walk with? Like specifically for exercising? I guess the ones with the one front wheel are what I am looking for. Wondering what brands to look at....
Got a recommendation on the Modela breast pump. Let me know your thoughts....
We LOVE our stroller. It's a Baby Trend jogger stroller. We got it with the "travel system" so that the carseat fits into it until they get big enough for the real one (the price included the stroller, carseat and base). We didn't get a traditional stroller because we figured the jogger would suffice and has beautifully. If I was a big shopper, a more traditional stroller might have been good. I did end up getting a small umbrella stroller, which is good for travel or quick trips to the mall. The only thing about getting a jogger is that they do take up a lot of space in the car. You can get the Baby Trend at BabiesRUs.
Jess has a Jeep jogger stroller that I'm incredibly envious of, however!!
yes, the jeep stroller is fabulous. We got it at target it was like 160... It is a walker/jogger and does FABULOUS in the snow and gravel. That was the selling point for us. I actually took it out today and pushed it through the snow.Rylie loves it too, seems to be pretty comfy for her. She was able to fit in it at about 6 weeks. The only downer is the fact the carseat doesn't fit on it. But we just bought a Strolee frame. It works wonders and is really handy.
Thanks for the stroller suggestions! I was looking for one I could fit the car seat into, so I will probably check out the Baby Trend. Although I DO like the Jeep one too - I think that was the one you had when we were in Moab, right?
Hey. It's the Expedition LE Jogger, by BabyTrend. It's listed under joggers and not travel systems for some reason. And it's $199, which ends up being much cheaper than if you purchased a car seat and jogger seperately.
How's the name hunting going?!?!? Our name of the weekend is Avery, but it changes every few days. It was Marley, but our poor dog, Harley, was just too confused by it. Such a BIG decision!!!
Hey! The bedding is too cute and very girlie!! You will be able to find a ton of decorations and other things to fit in the room too! As far as my recommendations: read reviews online (babies r us) before you register for anything.; they really help! we have tons and tons of stuff, so, if you think of something, i can tell you what we liked and don't like. FYI- diaper genies are over-rated! in my opinion. then again, with two, we take out the trash daily :) if you have any questions, feel free to ask! i registered online for babies r us- instead of trying to go to the store and get a headache! it's overwhelming-
let me know about a name when you have one- i would like to get you a gift!- Ali
It is the same one. We love it but it was our only complaint...fitting the carseat in it. I must say to I used Shanna's baby trend car seat a couple times when we went home and LOVED it. Although i loved our "safe seat" I would have thought very hard if I had used Shanna's first!
ps: we never used a diaper genie because we were told by other mothers exactly the same and worse. We took out the trash daily. now we dont even use one in her room. We use disposable so rarely they end up sitting in there an stinking.
After just reading several things about the diaper genie on a google search, I don't think I will get one either. I don't know, the thought of the dirty diapers sitting in that thing kind of grosses me out. I think I would rather have Wes take the trash out every day, and the way he is, he probably would too!
No names yet. I honestly don't know if she will have a name until we see her. I know, it's not the norm anymore, but unless a miracle occurs, her name is Baby Girl Ledford until May!!
oh yea, what about baby carriers? Like the bjorn thing, I think? Does anyone have one? I think I want something of the sort. Need ideas on those too!
again...we have a jeep one. We got it at Target 25 bucks, LOVE IT!!! I have heard wonders of the baby bjorn but havent used one myself. The Jeep one is so comfy and easy to use. rylie was in it from 4 days old on. Either way a carrier is a must, Wes will get a lot of use out of it!
I would say register for the special things you really want, you'll buy the essentials but choose some beautiful natural things you love and see what happens. Beautiful albums, heirloom rattles, toys, etc. Tey craigslist.org for cribs, strollers, etc. There is no one perfect ANYTHING. So try what you can ahead of time! And I tell everyone this: if you can, skip the highchair. They are hard to clean, really big, and I found that my daughter fir perfectly well into an adjustable booster seat with a snap-on tray. Easy to clean, easy to take with us, kept her upright over the tray,and let her sit up at the table with us.
I have the Eddie Bauer carrier and HATE it! It was on sale for $49, so we bought it. Big mistake. I have actually read almost nothing but negative comments about most Eddie Bauer products. I'll probably get another brand for the next baby. I am actually considering a sling this time. It may actually suit my needs a little more.
My pick for baby monitors....Sony's Baby Call- 27 Channel. We live in a big neighborhood and I never pick-up anyone else.
Like the diaper Genie, I also find baby bath tubs to be overrated. We used ours for the first month (for the sling to give sponge baths) and then I started using a bath sponge instead. They do need replacing every once in a while, but I have found Owen LOVES to be in the water and has since he was very little. I think the sponge (at $3.00)is a much better buy.
Post a Comment