Tuesday, October 23, 2007

12 week appointment!

Today we had our 12-week appointment w/ Dr. Barney. Everything went good. The heartbeat was 156 bpm, and you know what he said this time? I think it's a boy! Wes said, didn't you say last time you thought it was a girl? And he said yes, and then something about having his bases covered! Ha! It was funny. So I guess we will see! Everyone says the heartbeat starts out fast then gets lower as time goes on. We won't have to wait much longer though, because we have the gender check on Nov. 15! We wanted to schedule it before Thanksgiving so we could tell everyone then. Also, I was a little concerned because I didn't want the ultrasound to be too early. Of course you can see a lot more the further you are along, but Dr. Barney said he does the 20-week ultrasound still (that is the one the insurance covers) and that one will be the big one. So we have one at 15 weeks for just the gender check, then another one at 20.

As for the belly....I was going to post some pictures today, or sometime soon, but I am afraid I would be laughed off this blog. I can definitely tell it is there, but I am going to wait just a little longer before I post, I think. If you were here you could feel my stomach and tell though, I swear. I haven't gained any weight though. Dr. Barney said that was fine, and he would tell me if I needed to lose or gain weight along the way! He said as long as I am exercising and eating decent not to worry too much about it.

One more thing...I said bye bye blonde last week! For the winter, anyways! I will post some pictures of the new do' later with the belly pics! Hope everyone is doing great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are too funny!! i can't wait to see the belly pics and anyone who has ever had a baby knows exactly how you feel!! of course, i really DID have a belly early on with 2 in there, but, don't compare anything about your pregnancy to mine- :) i know yours will go much better and i am looking forward to nov 15th to find out who's renting your space!! i love watching the baby ticker too!!

The Colorado Carrs said...

This is sooooo exciting! Cant wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Trying the comment thing again!! I can't wait to see pictures of my little neice or nephew! I will be happy with either! Love you!

Crystal Johnson said...

I keep checking back to see those adorable 1st preggo pics :)