Friday, November 13, 2009

Letter From Mom





Dearest Abbie,

I never knew…


That sleeping in now means 7am instead of 10am on Saturdays.

That I would have an instant connection with other moms, suddenly understanding the challenges and joys that go along with having children. And that hearing stories of children who are sick would make me so sad, yet thankful that God has given you good health.


I never knew…

That I would look at other children at stores or restaurants who were misbehaving, and rather than get annoyed or have disapproving thoughts, I’d think to myself, maybe they had a rough night, didn’t get a nap, or are not feeling well.

I never knew…

That I’d be trying to avoid work-related travel and late meetings at all costs so I’d be able to spend more time with you.


I never knew…

That I’d be going around singing Nickelodeon or Elmo songs in my head, even when you weren’t around.

That a Friday night at home with you would be so much more fun than a night out.

I never knew…

That whether we have one more, two more, or no more, I would feel so blessed and thankful that God picked you out, especially for your Daddy and I!



Happy 18 months sweet girl. You have brought so much joy into our lives that I never knew before….

Mom

2 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

that was the sweetest post EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet Shannon :) What a good Mommy! - Ali