Sunday, November 1, 2009

Good week







I had this last week off, so today is my final day of freedom before heading back to work. It's been a good one overall, but very difficult at times as I had a head cold and Abbie is cutting so many teeth I lost count. She is not sleeping well AT ALL, like it's worse than when she was 2 weeks old, so it's been tough. Thankfully I had family in who helped me tremendously and tended to her in the early morning while I caught up on some sleep. I am really praying this is over soon. I am over teething, I'm sure she is over teething, and I think Wes wants his wife back, instead of the small devil I turn into sometimes when I get just a couple hours of snooze time! But it's been good. We had some professional pics done Wednesday - I will share them as soon as I get the DVD (they turned out fabulous!) and then we celebrated Halloween yesterday and Abbie was the cutest ladybug I've ever seen. She has really started forming sentences this last week too. It completely amazes me to see this little tiny girl talk the way she does! She says "bye-bye Brandy, see you tomorrow", for instance. I mean, really?? And my new favorite is when she tastes something, she says "I like it!!". It sounds like "I yike it!" but it's so darn cute. She counts to ten all the time now, and when she says "ten" she says "YEA Abbie!" because that is what I always do when she is done. Also this week she has become completely attached to her baby doll and blanket, and drags them around everywhere with her, talks to her baby, rocks her, tells her to sleep, etc. She has quite the imagination. When she wants something, she says "uh-huh" and nods real eagerly. Like she will say "Mama, cookie, uh-huh??" and nod like a hundred times. Cracks me up. So if anyone has any advice on teething other than Motrin and teething tablets, I'd love to know. I have read mixed reviews on Orajel, it just seems so temporary. She is cutting her molars and I think her cuspids are on their way in too. Hopefully next time I post this will be done....maybe??!!

No comments: