Abbie is 15 months! Here is what she is up to these days:
She is becoming quite the little monkey. She likes to climb on things, countertops, chairs, her changing table, etc. Basically if we are holding her she lunges for whatever is around to climb on. We are going to have our hands full with this, I am afraid. One of her favorite games is for us to chase her. She says "I'll get you" and then starts running. It's something Wes started and she just loves it.
She is so smart, it just amazes us. She identifies everything, and can follow commands and do things we ask her to do. She knows what everything around the house is, and likes to tell us.
She loves water and has learned to flush the toilet, and turn the water in the tub on. She will go in our bathroom and do this and play in it. I know, what a waste of water, but you know, sometimes it's worth it to keep her occupied for a little while! And I cannot keep Brandy's water down, or else she will play in it or try to drink it. Yea, as you have probably noticed by now, I am not really concerned about germs! She is so healthy and I just think a few germs here and there are ok!
She has such a mind of her own, and definitely knows what she wants. If she gets it in her head she wants something, and she can't have it (like the cord from the iron, for example) she will keep going back to it. After a couple days of this, and us telling her no and pulling her away, she finally gets it now, but she can be very stubborn.
She loves her baby, Abby Cadabby, whom she affectionately calls "Abby-Dabby Doo". We aren't sure how she came up with that, but that is her name. She gives her the bottle, rocks her, puts her in the Boppy, and even gives her baths in the toilet sometimes. ( :
Being at home with her for the last month has been great, but my patience has been tested a lot the last few days with her refusal of naps! Thankfully today she is taking one, but she fights it now and I am getting scared that she might just flat out refuse more and more. We'll see.
I found out yesterday that the opportunity w/ Eaton is not going to work out. I could vent, bad mouth, do things like that, but I won't. I don't know what the future holds, and that is certainly difficult to stomach, but God has His hand in this and He will take care of us - that is my belief, because I have no other hope but in Him.
Oh yea, one more thing. In my last post I mentioned CORE4, the weight loss program I started. Well, it's been a week, and already my clothes are looser, no joke! And I have only been to the gym once, and am still eating ice cream and cookies. Amazing! If you clicked on the link last time, do it again, because they have just launched an awesome new website with a lot more information out there, sort of like a facebook. Pretty cool. Here is the direct link.
And here is Abbie with our neighbor, David, on the John Deere!!
2 comments:
Shannon, I'm sorry to hear about the job interview - but it sounded like you gave it your all. Things have a way of sorting themselves out. Again, enjoy the time with Abbie. It goes by so very fast! Love, Aunt J
Hey, just checking on you this week. Hope you are having a good one!
Misty
Post a Comment