Monday, April 13, 2009

Yes, No

I stole this idea from Stellan’s Mom, MckMama.

Yes, Abbie is 11 months old today.

No, I cannot believe it.

Yes, she is talking more than ever.

No, she is not sleeping through the night yet.

Yes, she is doing better than she was.

No, she is not in our bed anymore.

Yes, I am still nursing her.

No, I will not do it forever.

Yes, she loves strawberries and mac and cheese.

No, she will not eat her veggies.

Yes, she is the sweetest thing on earth.

No, I do not say that EVERY post. Just most.

Yes, we have one more month before her birthday AND our first beach trip with her to Hilton Head.

No, I will not be having a big birthday bash.

Yes, I may be the only Mom I know that doesn’t do this.

No, I don’t want all the planning stress only to not have her remember it or be fussy that day!

Yes, we will be having a family party at the beach and another when we get home, and we will have cake at both!

No, I am not a mean Mommy!! Just practical : )


4 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

I love it!!!

I cant believe she is almost 1!!!

Crystal Johnson said...

I am seriously considering doing the same thing! I don't blame you one bit. you'll enjoy it more if it's less stressful.

Anonymous said...

The beach will be so fun! Can't wait to see those pictures :) - Ali Parris

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I love the Yes/No thing - I'd like to try it with my girls! Ha! I bet it would be pretty much the same, even at their age! I also think you are correct in your decision not to throw some huge bash! Sometimes smaller get togethers are much nicer! I remember when my friends were all taking their kids to Disney World at one or two - I waited till Claire was 3 before I took her, and it worked out just fine (and I know she remembered it and had more fun) - Abby has really changed and you can see it in the pics! Love, Auntie J