Friday, September 12, 2008

To you, Abbie

To my dearest Abbie~
Tomorrow you will be 4 months old. It's hard to believe when it seems like yesterday I was going to bed each night feeling you kick and roll around. How I miss that feeling sometimes, but it's nothing like holding you in my arms each day. I am struggling right now with being away from you during the day. I think I got spoiled having a little bit more time off work. I cherish each second I spend with you, and live for the weekends and evenings so I can be with you and Dad. You two are my everything, and I thank God every night for you. You woke up last night gagging on something and all day today I have thought of what might have happened had we not been right there to pick you up and take care of you. I still don't know what it was, but it has made me a little paranoid, to say the least. I want you to know that as long as you allow us, we'll be here for you, and even when or if you don't, we'll be here for you. As you lay beside me sleeping peacefully I just think about my life before you, and it's like it wasn't complete. Everyone says we would feel this way, but I never believed them. Sure, I knew I'd love you to pieces, but not the kind of love where your heart aches when you are apart. So I'll stop rambling now because one of these days you will probably be embarrassed by this post, but I want you to know, our dear daughter, how much you are loved by your Mom and Dad and how you have rocked our world in the best way possible. We love you sweetheart. We love you.

No comments: