Monday, August 25, 2008

Sayin' goodbye








Well, this weekend was our last in Utah, and it was so bittersweet. Part of me is excited to go back to the mountains of NC that we know and love, and another part of me is sad to leave all the friends we have made here. I know things wouldn't have worked out this way if they weren't meant to be though, and I know we'll be happy back in the south again! We had a very full weekend of fun and friends. Thursday night I had a girls night out at MacCools Irish Pub. We went to our good friend Jeremy's graduation party Friday night, then Saturday we met with the listing agent (this picture of Abbie is during our meeting with him...real estate talk was too much for her!!) then went out on the boat....then Sunday Abbie got dedicated at church and the Trostruds had a going away BBQ for us! It was an awesome weekend and we were so happy to be able to spend it with all of our friends!!







As for our dear little one, she will be 15 weeks old tomorrow!! She is doing great - grabbing at everything, and once she has it, putting it in her mouth! She is sleeping from 9 til 4, eating, then going back down for several more hours. I could probably cut the 4 am feeding out, I just haven't tried it yet. Now if she does wake up before the feeding, I usually just give her the paci and she goes right back to sleep. So I could try to do that at 4 too. She is also taking good naps. And we are actually able to put her down now awake and she will go to sleep on her own usually. She is grabbing at her feet all the time, and is just really intrigued by everything going on around her. I can't believe she is almost 4 months!!

3 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

Wow!!!

The Gordons said...

I know you are sad to leave UT, but BOY are we ready for you to be back! Love you and travel safe. Call when you guys had made it in town.

Elisa said...

Leaving certainly is bitter sweet. I am so excited to see you in NC. Who knows, you may be begining the wave of people returning to the mountains.