Yesterday when I dropped Abbie off at school, I realized it was bike day for her class. All of her friends had brought their bikes but I had missed the memo. She looked a little sad but didn’t say anything. I hugged her goodbye and as soon as I left the school I knew I needed to go get hers. So I went home, got the bike, and brought it back to her school. When I walked in with it she was SO excited. She gave me a huge hug, said thank you, showed all of her friends, and then went over to one of her best friends and said “Don’t you wish you lived at my house??!”
My heart melted. And then and there I realized that I can tell my children and my husband I love them all day long (and I do), but showing them that I love them? Wow, what an impact.
No comments:
Post a Comment