Sunday, July 8, 2012

HOTlanta, and other stuff

Here I am again on Sunday, as promised!

It's been a pretty fast week, especially since we had Wednesday off. It's HOT here, like really hot, like stay inside during daylight hours or if you are out, get in a pool HOT. It's a little tough, especially with little ones. Going places during the day is sort of miserable, and their car seats get hot. Well, you get the picture. This has led Wes and I to start talking about moving again. It's not that I thought we'd stay here forever, but still a part of me is like geez, I wonder when we'll settle down. Will we ever be happy enough to stay somewhere, to put down roots? It's like we are searching for something we haven't found yet. So anyways, we are talking. We signed a lease for another year on our house, and we still have the house in NC that we are trying to sell. What a pain in the butt that has been. A part of me thinks if we did move, then I would change jobs (obviously) and maybe it would give me a chance to get even more freedom than I have now. I would  really love to have a full time job that allowed me to be at home when Abbie got out of school, around 3pm, and be able to work at home the rest of the day.

Putting Henry to bed at night and at nap has gotten to be a really long, drawn out process. It can take up to an hour to get him to close his eyes! He wants to play, talk, do anything but sleep when I get him upstairs. And I know he is so tired. Frustrating!

Abbie starts swim lessons tomorrow evening. I really think this is a great time for her to do this, because she is wanting to go without her life jacket or swimmies more and more, and she is going under water and trying to swim more these days.

I'm doing an online bible study on a book called "I Used to be So Organized" by Glynnis Whitwer. It's really good and has a lot of great tips on not just getting your house organized, but organizing your life, to do list, etc. So far this book has taught me to put things away and finish what I started. Well actually, it's taught me a lot of things, but that's those are the things I'm working to implement right now. I can't believe how much time I waste on Facebook! I am really making an effort to not get on there so much at work, and to start a task and finish it without interruption. It's hard for me sometimes to do this. Until next week!

No comments: