Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just like her Momma...

I had to laugh yesterday and again last night as I recounted this story to Wes...

Abbie and our 3-year old neighbor Joseph were playing in our yard. Joseph had brought over his soccer ball. Abbie wanted to dig in the dirt, so he dug with her for a few minutes, but then he wanted to kick and throw the ball.

He kept saying "Baby Aggie, play ball with me!" (Baby Aggie is what he has called her since we moved in about 18 months ago so even though she's not really a baby and her name is Abbie, I don't say anything!) Anyways, I encouraged Abbie "Throw the ball with Joseph, Abbie! Kick it!" She looked up at me and started to run towards the ball, and then, well, and then she ran off and started smelling the flowers.

I was laughing inside, not at Abbie being distracted or not wanting to kick or throw the ball with Joseph, but because I can't tell you how many times Wes has picked on me for getting distracted, or "chasing butterflies" as he so affectionately calls it. I used to get mad, and sometimes I still do, but I know it's true. I get distracted very easily and can be right in the middle of a task and realize I need to do something else and not even finish what I'm doing then. So my sweet little girl, it seems, might take after me in that aspect. Or more likely she is just a typical 2-year old who wants to do what she wants to do and that is ok too!

No comments: